New Features and Revisions – July 2015
- Receipt Emails. Receipts can now be easily emailed to your customer at the completion of a Sales Entry transaction. When the transaction is complete, you will be prompted to send an email if the station is configured to do so. Customers with an existing email adress can have their email address updated if needed and you can also create a new customer record to go with the email address a customer uses for the receipt – making it quick and easy to build a comprehensive contact list. To get started, you need to activate the option to prompt emailing receipts from a station. To do this, select Setup > This Computer > Sales Entry tab and check the option “Ask the customer if they would like an email receipt at checkout”. If you want to require a customer to have a customer record to get an email, the clerk will be prompted to add a customer to the transaction before taking the payment. To set up the default email details including the message text, logo, and signature lines for your receipt emails, select Lists > Email Templates > Sales Receipts, etc..
- Transactional Email. All WebStore and Sales Entry receipt emails now use a built-in transactional email account for sending emails. Transactional emails are delivered immediately to most email clients, are more likely to be considered legitimate email from the sender, and are not subject to daily sending limits. Transactional emails will show they are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, but they will include the email address you specify as “Sent From” as both the “Reply To” email address and the “Friendly” email address when the customer views the email. We recommend using this new option (which is active by default), but you can use your own email server for all emails by setting that preference on the System Options Form > Email Tab.
- Sales List, Purchase Order List, Receiving List, Payment Table. These tables now display the most recent transaction instead of the oldest transaction first. If you would like to display the oldest transaction first, select the checkbox “Show oldest first” in the lower right corner. These tables (and a few others) now always select the 1st record in the list when changing Tabs.
- Catalog Utility. Both the Short and Detailed descriptions for items in inventory can be updated to match the Catalog. Simply tag the items to update and select the Update button.
- Account Statement/Summary Invoice. An option has been added to enable these reports to sort/group sales by sub-account name then invoice date. If the sub-account has more than one transaction, a sub-total is also provided.
- Sales Entry. When a customer is changed and contract items are found on a new transaction, a message box is displayed telling the user the existing item pricing and notes will be cleared and the pricing for the new customer will be applied. If contract items are not found, the user is presented with the option of clearing the existing pricing.
- WebStore SSL. The Web Server can now be configured to choose the SSL encryption to run (TLS 1.2 recommended, or TLS 1.1 and 1.0). TLS 1.0 will work with older browsers, but can be flagged as a problem when a PCI scan is run because of flaws in the TLS 1.0 implementation. To set the SSL encryption, use the WebStore Monitor to select Settings > Ports and SSL Certificate. You must restart the Web Server after making a change to the SSL encryption.
- Customer Standards and Inventory Standards Lists. Revising and applying existing standards on these lists is now 5-10 times faster because it and optimized for SQL.
- Time Clock Reports. The Time Clock Summary and Detail reports have been optimized for SQL.
- Payment Table. Added the column “Card” to display the card type and last 4 digits of the card. Totaling payments is now much faster.
- Purchase Order Table. Displaying the total open balance at the bottom of the list is now much faster. Large databases with lots of “In-Process” po’s will see no delay selecting that Tab now.
- Support ID. The customer’s Support ID (or license number) is now displayed in the Help Menu.
5.92 Fixes – July 2015
- WebStore Configuration Form. The form did not allow the entry of store numbers greater than 99. Fixed Now.
- Vendor Code Changes. Updating a vendor code was failing due to a regression in 5.90. This has been fixed.
- Inventory Quantities and Reports. Inventory reports and the Auto-Create process could fail in some instances when quantities were added in the Batch process. This has been fixed by altering the SQL Database to not allow Nullls on the Status field for Product records.
- WebStore Contracts. Sometimes discontinued items on Contracts were not included for Groups. This has been fixed.
- Item Search. Item Search failed when trying match on cost pricing. Fixed now.
- HHBrown VStock. An issue was discovered that could result in VStock displaying a blank date. If this issue is not resolved, please let us know.
- IguanaMed VStock. Iguana Med has moved VStock to a new Server and has it functioning again.
- Catalog Utility. If an inventory item did not have a upc barcode and was not found in Catalog, doing a “Lookup” to match the inventory item to an item in the Catalog would not update correctly. This has been fixed.
- Restoring Backups.
- (a) On a new installation, restoring a backup when prompted at startup to register or restore a backup did not work (getting exclusive access to the SQl database failed).
- b. Restoring a backup after switching a SQL DB’s could fail. Both are fixed now.
- Sales Table. Selecting to limit the list to Unauthorized Gift Cards did not always work. Fixed Now.