Scanning gift cards into a .TXT file:
- Plug the magnetic strip reader into a USB port on your PC.
- Open Notepad by the your PC by pressing Win + R on the keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the Open field type “notepad” and press Enter on the keyboard or click OK.
- With Notepad open, begin scanning the cards in. Each scan will create a new line so there is no need to hit enter between each swipe.Note: The card numbers pictured are only an example. Your card numbers may be longer, shorter, or contain additional information.
- When all the cards have been scanned, save the file using your store name as the file name.