Setup Your Twilio Texting Platform
You can now easily send texts to your customers to notify them that an order is ready for pickup, their order has shipped, or for any number of purposes.
These are the initial steps to help you configure your Twilio account to start working with The Uniform Solution. You will sign up for a Twilio account, and then confirm your mobile number (don’t worry, this isn’t the number your customers will see). After you confirm your mobile number you will select a Twilio phone number that will be used to communicate with your customers. And finally you will upgrade from the free account and submit your account info into The Uniform Solution.
Start your Twilio sign up
1. Visit the Twilio website (www.twilio.com)
2. Click on Sign Up
3. Enter your information in the Sign Up form (note the selections in the drop-down menus)
4. Click Get Started to proceed
Confirm your mobile number
4. In order to confirm your account you need to provide a mobile number
5. Twilio will send you a confirmation code via the mobile number you provide
Choose a Twilio number to communicate with your customers
6. Click on either of the Getting Started or Get Started options
7. Then click Get a number
8. A Twilio number will appear
Note: you can look for other phone number options by clicking Search for a different number and entering your desired area code in the search.
9. Choose your new Twilio number
Upgrade your Twilio account beyond the trial version
10. Click on the Console Dashboard button in the top-left
11. Then click Upgrade
12. And fill out the payment information form
13. Click Upgrade Account at the bottom when finished
Add your Twilio account to The Uniform Solution
14. Go to General Settings by clicking on the (1) Console Dashboard, then (2) Settings
15. Click (3) AUTH TOKEN (or the string of dots) in the Live Credentials section to show the Authorization Token
16. Now open The Uniform Solution to input the previous account info
17. Go to Setup > System Options and select tab 6. Texting
18. Under Account Type: select My Twilio account
19. Now we will copy over the Account SID and AUTH TOKEN from Twilio
20. And paste them respectively into The Uniform Solution
Note: The Account SID and AUTH TOKEN are case-sensitive so be sure to match uppercase letters.
21. Add the mobile number that Twilio provided in the final field titled Text Number:
Configure how customers send messages back to you
22. Go back to the Twilio Console Dashboard and click Manage Numbers
23. On the Configure menu in the Messaging section, select Webhook in the drop-down menu next to A MESSAGE COMES IN
24. Enter in http://Your Web Address/twilioresponse similar to the image below
25. Click save when finished
Test your configuration
26. In The Uniform Solution click on the Test button
27. Enter in your mobile number, or a mobile number that you can use to receive text messages
28. Click Send to attempt the test and receive the message
Congratulations on setting up your Twilio account!
If you do not wish to receive reply texts specific to each location then you do not need to proceed.
For each location we are going to follow similar instructions as listed above. In order for each location to receive replies they will each need a subaccount on Twilio associated with that unique location.
29. Go back to your Master Twilio account and navigate to the General Settings menu and select Subaccounts
30. Click Create new Subaccount
31. Give this Subaccount a name (perhaps: Store 2) and click Create
32. Next click View Subaccount
33. Select Buy a Number
34. Type your area code and click Search
Note: The chosen phone number from this list will be the number associated with your other store.
35. After you add this number you will need to get the API Credentials from this subaccount and input it into your other store
36. Click on Settings
Note: Be sure that you are still viewing the subaccount information, by verifying (1) the Subaccount’s project name appears in the header. Ensure you are using the ACCOUNT SID and AUTH TOKEN (2) from the LIVE Credentials field under API Credentials.
37. Input the Subaccount’s credentials into The Uniform Solution at your other store
38. Next we will set up the reply functions by clicking on the console menu
39. Then select Phone Numbers
40. Select the number for the new store
41. On the Configure menu in the Messaging section, select Webhook in the drop-down menu next to A MESSAGE COMES IN
42.Enter in http://Your Web Address/twilioresponse similar to the image below
Note: If you do not have a WebStore, but you do have a static IP address at that location, you can use your static IP address in place of the web address (example: http://192.168.168.192/twilioresponse).
Note: You can test this newly added configuration just as we did above in step 26. Repeat steps 29 through 42 for each additional store.